- a list.
- I'm excited about wikilinks everywhere.
vera suggested we rename these. Some brainstorming follows
- neil hyphalinks
- multilinks: as they are unlike regular links in that they can point to many different places -- which particular URL they resolve to depends on the user clicking them.
- querylinks (qlinks?): as they essentially behave as queries in the agora. queries return relevant subnodes/resources.
- nodelinks as they map to nodes in the agora.
im also tempted to rebrand wikilinks
- it's kinda a weird word
- it's not the selling point for people to join the agora I thought it was going to be
- wikilinks are cool, I just feel like they need a cooler name
potential alternative names
Feel free to use [[[[backlinks]]]], wikilinks, edges, multilinks, or whatever the fuck you want to call it anywhere when talking to me in reference to something on the anagora or otherwise, my browser will resolve wikilinks in the default order, aside from
duckduckgo as the 3rd step for
What?! Wikilinks Everywhere, enjoy 🥰!
Couldn't parse #push. See source for content.
A wikilink looks like this: wikilink. They are text surrounded by two square brackets.
- Not to be confused with an ECMAScript internal property, which is also surrounded by doubel brackets :)
Wikilinks come, wait for it, from wikis :) But they need not be limited only to things we usually think of as wikis.
- You could use wikilinks everywhere.
- You can think of the Agora as a sort of distributed wiki, although users in this particular kind of wiki volunteer individual contributions instead of editing common pages (for now).
Wikilinks are the heart of this agora.
wikilink resolves to
node/wikilinkin an agora.
- When needed slugify rules are applied.
- Wikilinks are great because they allow for very easy linking: you just link it as you go along, then the link either works (because someone wrote that node/article/resource already) or you can click through and backfill it. I call this procedure link-driven writing.
- Whenever there is more than one node with a given wikilink in an Agora (typical use case: notes kept on a certain topic by different users), the Agora will surface all of them when resolving the wikilink in question. Example: README.
- wikilink resolves to
- pull wikilinks wikilinks everywhere