- A place.
in this agora every node might include one or more stoas.
- Most succinctly, as of the time of writing, a Stoa is a website that allows iframes or announces other means of embedding or composing resources, ideally with a default intent of constructive cooperation. The Agora tries to embed any sites that the community has found to be useful and are willing to be embedded.
- These Stoas can be said to be willing to be integrated into the commons.
- in this agora every node might include one or more stoas.
Most generally a stoa is a set
- Of people and resources
- I believe well-working ("good") Stoas are likely to be integrated by people with aligned,supplementary or complementary (but in any case diverse), sets of partially overlapping goals and values.
I would like to propose a number of Stoas. Each one depends in some way on the output of the formers.
The first stoa focuses on building and running an agora.
- See agora development, agora plan, agora feature requests.
- See agora howto and agora client instead if you'd like to contribute to the agora as a user.
- This stoa should be instantiated by default with agora development, the matrix channel.
The second stoa focuses on freeing, opening up and otherwise improving the internet using open source and open ethics.
- See fedstoa if you'd like to participate.
- See also the next Stoa, some of whose members belong to the second Stoa :)
The third stoa moves (burns, in solarpunk terms) in the general direction of world improvement; I propose a default attitude of well-meaning protopianism and being out to do good.
- This Stoa should be instantiated by default with flancia collective and agora discuss, the matrix channels.
- As of 2022-01-30 flancia collective tries to run a commons where interested people can work in public using public tools and procedures to model the world together, and so reason about possible improvements.
- The first stoa focuses on building and running an agora.
- a project.
- pull stoas
I am starting a social network of sorts and I want to invite you to it. It is called Stoa.
It is a social network for expression and thought -- like every social network, of course.
Here's how it works: people with similar interests and values agree on objectives. Then they work together towards them. In particular, groups can agree on problems that they think need solving, and they agree to work towards a solution.
The values part is important. People collaborate when they share values. Here, they can make them explicit. To be part of a group, you accept rules. Like in Reddit. People that break this set of values lose the right to participate in the group.
When I say values, I really mean values. Think gender equality. Equality in all shape of forms. Those are my particular values, and I want to invite people that share them to collaborate.
I am donating $500 a month to two people for a year. People that receive this grant are free to do whatever they want with it. Think about it as non-universal very humble basic income.
And here's the first objective: UBI.