An Agora is defined by its code of conduct or contract. It is of utmost importance for it to be well specified and understandable by all. Because of this we prefer explicit over implicit.
A contract is a public list of assertions.
- Feel free to contribute corrections to this list by submitting patches to this file in the Agora repository or by providing guidance or feedback.
- Above all, be honest; be true to yourself.
Try to be constructive, kind, rational, and compassionate.
- When interacting with others, either directly or indirectly, please keep in mind and follow the principle of charity.
- When you disagree with someone, please prioritize achieving greater mutual understanding over winning an argument.
- If you made a mistake, apologize.
Members of this Agora are free to volunteer their personal extensions to this list, according to their own set of values, by writing in this node.
- The Agora can be forked at will and with no presumption of ill intent by a subset of the community whenever contracts become incompatible.
- This Agora is a repository of intents.
- I endorse the base contract of this Agora which is just an agora, anagora.org.
- Contracts are lists of assertions; they can be assumed to include declarations of knowledge and belief as expressed in notes and resources volunteered to this agora.
- I intend to dedicate a meaningful fraction of my free time and resources to improve the world.
- Through this Agora I try to contribute to the development of a freer, open, progressive global society and projects or public utility.
- Because I am unskillful, I need your help. I am open to any feedback anytime. I am active on social media.
⚖️ I endorse the base contract of the agora in my doing and being here! 📜
I will shape my participation through what I think may be useful to others, and to cross pollinate from what others have shared.
I may be marginal, but I hope to be a slight marginal positive for the folks of the agora and its shared aims.
- I endorse the base contract of this Agora.
- I intend to dedicate a meaningful fraction of the knowledge I've come across to this Agora.
I intend to use this digital garden as a personal experiment whose aim is to discover a good balance of the following intents:
- Making this digital garden able to understand itself well.
- Making this digital garden's structure and content easily understandable/usable/translatable for others.
- Making this digital garden easily able to understand/use/translate other digital gardens' structures and contents unto itself.
- Making this digital garden easily understandable/usable/translatable for myself.
The formalization of a mutually beneficial relationship among or between two or more parties.
Issues to look out for:
- Was there mutual assent?
- Was there a mutual exchange of consideration? A completely one sided agreement is generally unenforceable, but there are exceptions (e.g., promissory estoppel, or a promissory note).
- Was there an integration clause contained within a written agreement? If not, other evidence outside of the written agreement may be introduced if a dispute arises.