📚 node [[meditations]]
- A book by marcus aurelius, a stoic classic.
- My meditations are scattered through the Agora.
- The revolution started on may 1st 2022, international workers day "after" covid.
- As I decided to do four pomodoros for the revolution, I opened a random tab from among thousands and it was avalokitesvara.
- I live my life trying to dedicate myself for the benefit of all beings.
- many flancians follow the eightfold path
push meditations procrastination
- I usually get into a distracted and unproductive state when I don't notice what's on my mind; I have 'unflushed' context and I tend to ignore it.
- Example from today: I felt like I needed to do something for a meeting a few hours later and I failed to actually realize it and do it. Result: a few hours of wasted productivity, and a rush fifteen minutes before the meeting to get it done.
My internal discourse can be surprisingly strongly worded, in particular when applied to myself or to inanimate objects.
- "oh, look. it's a shitty window." -- just said of a Chromium window that Mastodon popped up that didn't let me change the URL to navigate away.
"you are stupid", "you are a fucking asshole" -- said to myself while coding.
- The first one means "that was stupid" which means "suboptimal/a dirty hack" and could very well be framed without appealing to the concept of stupidity.
- The second I'm unsure about; assholes in the biological sense are not bad.
- I feel like I love you a priori.
- I will show you the shape of my heart if you want to.
- My internal discourse can be surprisingly strongly worded, in particular when applied to myself or to inanimate objects.
⥅ related node [[the meditations]]
⥅ related node [[meditations on moloch]]
⥅ related node [[meditations on procrastination]]
⥅ related node [[meditationstuff]]
🔎 full text search for 'meditations'